Monday, October 15, 2012

My Entry in the 2012 Perceptual Edge Dashboard Design Competition

Congratulations to the winners of the 2012 Perceptual Edge Dashboard Design contest, Jason and Shamik.  Great work!  Their entries can be found here: http://www.perceptualedge.com/blog/?p=1374

You can see some of the other entries by going to http://www.perceptualedge.com/discussion.htm and look for the Dashboard Design subject.  Here's my entry created in Tableau - of course!  As always, any and all feedback is welcome.  Thanks!

Click on the image to open in Tableau Public


2 comments:

  1. There are some design aspects of your dashboard that I like better than the winner. I like your bullet charts better as well as the bar charts at top comparing class achievement vs peers. I also like how you included the heat map. Are you coloring based on individual performance against themselves or against the class as a whole or against some sort of average?

    I remember looking at the data for this contest. There was a lot to put together and synthesize. I think you did a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob. The heat map coloring is based on individual performance against the class as whole. What's cool about this contest that a lot folks are posting their entries at the perceptual edge discussion board. I think it's becoming the largest collection of Stephen Few inspired dashboards on the web. At least it's the biggest collection I can think of.

    ReplyDelete